Money-saver? Nah. Just cute and way less toxic (hopefully) than other alternatives.
- Seventh Generation* Diaper Box (Yay recycling)
- Brads (could be toxic, small lead concern but figured he wouldn’t be touching them)
- Crayola* Washable Tempera Paint (Crayola claims to be nontoxic…however the smell of the paint was a tad overload)
- Black Acrylic Paint (conforms to ASTM D-4236)
- Sharpie for letters (I know, VOC-emitting, but necessary for time-saving purposes)
- Green Duck Tape*
- Hat & Boots gifted from a trip to Montana from the grandparents
- Clothes…already had…score!
Not sure how I am going to top this next year. 363 days to figure it out…
(*I was in no way compensated for these plugs.)
PS Check out the 2011 Halloween Makeup Findings from HealthyStuff.org if you really want to be scared. I’m talking Lead, Mercury, Arsenic… you know, the stuff you want to slather all over your child’s skin. Also, get a little freaked out (and take action) about lead and cadmium-tainted jewelry here.