Have you ever wanted to be 12 again? Thanks to Callaway Gardens Summer Family Adventure, I was able to go back in time AND experience that with my family.
I love Callaway Gardens. Having fond memories of visiting as a child, it was a thrill to share the fun with my husband and son and rediscover everything I loved so many years ago. Callaway Gardens, with the tagline, “Connecting Man and Nature in a way that benefits both” is right up my alley.
Callaway Gardens Summer Family Adventure offers families a camp-like exciting activity list with way more to do than I had ever imagined. Check it out here. What an incredible list of fun things to do with your whole family. A few of my favorites (because there are way too many to list) are:
- Nature Naturally Discovery Table (drop in any time and learn some fun facts about gardening and other nature topics)
- Birds of Prey Show (enjoy the air-conditioned auditorium as majestic creatures appear in flight and on the glove)
- Choice Crafts (pick from a variety of projects, including jewelry, wind chimes, key chains, and more)
- FSU Flying High Circus (this Callaway Gardens tradition has thrilled SFA guests for more than half a century)
- Flying Trapeze (experience one of the thrilling acts that gives the FSU Fling High Circus its name)
- Zumba (this Latin-flavored dance class is sure to burn calories)
- Camp Golf (learn the fundamentals while having fun)
- Tiny Tots Tennis (great opportunity for the wee ones to get acquainted with tennis)
- Pottery Painting (choose from an assortment of frames, bowls, cups, and more)
- Butterflies 101 (learn about one of earth’s most beautiful creatures at the award-winning butterfly conservatory)
- Blaster Boats (these electric powered vessels feature mounted water cannons that spray up to 30 feet!)
- Parent/Child Fishing Tournament (bond with your children while the fish are actively biting)
- Water Sports (ski, wakeboard, and tube the same waters that the pros compete on each May at the world-famous Masters tournament)
- Guided Kayaking on Mountain Creek Lake (glide across a glass-smooth lake guided by your own paddle power)
And one of our favorite things to do to get a glimpse of all that Callaway has to offer? A bike tour!
We rode bikes for hours and hours. It was amazing. Swooping up and down gentle hills, breezing through the canopy of trees, gliding on a winding path past lakes and gardens, taking in the sights and sounds of Callaway via a bike ride is an adventure that everyone should experience.
I highly recommend the 10-Mile Discovery Bicycle Trail, but you can totally shorten the adventure (if it’s been a while since you’ve been on a bike) by making stops at the Cecil B. Day Butterfly Center,
TreeTop Adventure (note: not my pics of this particular attraction because Callaway’s were way better. Used with permission.)
More about bicycle rental here, including rates.
Speaking of Robin Lake Beach, this place is the hub of activity for tons of summer fun.
(Glimpse of Aqua Island…the floating playground)
Trying to play Chess, a.k.a “knock every piece down” to little man
FSU Flying High Circus: she was spinning SO fast!
I’m a sucker for old trucks.
Do the shuffle.
He looks very intimidated by my ping pong skills.
Great video recap of the fun to be had here:
Callaway Gardens has offered Atlanta Green Mom readers an exclusive 10% discount to Summer Family Adventure should you want to experience as much fun as we did.
Click here to take advantage of your discount: http://www.callawaygardens.
Full disclosure, I was invited to experience #CallawaySFA with my family. Our cottage and wristbands to the attractions were free. However, the opinions expressed here are totally my own and completely honest.
P.S. Have you ever wondered how Callaway Gardens came to be? You must watch this.